Thursday, 11 August 2011

QROPS (Qualifying Recognised Overseas Pension Schemes)

      April 2012 - Readers Might prefer the update post 'New Generation QROPS 2012'
      http://expatsfrombritain.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/new-generation-qrops-2012.html



September 2011 – Five links giving in-depth information about QROPS


·        QROPS Questions & Answers
·        New Zealand QROPS
·        QROPS Factsheet
·        QROPS Comparing jurisdictions
·        Ten things they won’t tell you about QROPS

QROPS (Qualifying Recognised Overseas Pension Schemes) are set up to allow a transfer of UK pension rights, abroad, with the full approval and authority of the UK Tax Authorities (HMRC)

I thought I’d start with that because even some people who advertise them don’t know what they truly are!

Rather than repeat articles that I have posted before I will give you links to the ones I believe are most appropriate and topical.


  1. QROPS Questions and Answers
In this ‘Question and Answer’ format should be the main issues for those of you who live in Spain or indeed those who intend to live in Spain. Individual queries can be sent by email



  1. New Zealand QROPS
Some unscrupulous ‘advisers’ are unwilling to accept the valuable place in the market that is met by NZ QROPS. I think ‘big’ firms sometimes confuse their own business objectives with the actual rules! Those who benefit tend to have small funds and are no longer UK taxpayers as they have been UK non-resident for 5 or more UK tax years. Please email if you need more information.



  1. QROPS Factsheet
I produced a QROPS Factsheet as I was concerned that many newspaper adverts were clearly biased and did not give factual information. If you’d like a copy please email me



  1. QROPS Comparing jurisdictions
This article deals with comparing jurisdictions and deals with the key topic of ‘residency’. Why is jurisdiction important? Why you should know. This article deals with comparing jurisdictions and deals with the key topic of ‘residency’. Why is jurisdiction important? And why you should know. Please email me if you have individual queries.



  1. Ten things they won’t tell you about QROPS
The concept of QROPS is excellent, the quality of advice often lacking.

It doesn’t apply to all ‘International Financial Advisers’ but it applies to most. Some are guilty on all ten counts! To be referred to a recommended adviser, please email me.



I hope that the combined content of my posts above will give a very thorough insight and much detail about Qualifying Recognised Overseas Pension Schemes(QROPS).

You may find more information on my website too;




David Goodall
Financial Pages in Spain