Wednesday, 29 December 2010

2010 in summary

At the end of the calendar year and the fiscal year in Spain, I thought I would reflect on the main issues and topics on ‘Financial Pages in Spain’ during 2010.

  • Pensions, including QROPS & QNUPS

  • Getting a second opinion

  • Tax saving

These are the issues that contributed the most feedback. I’m always pleased to receive emails either to seek further advice or to comment on my articles.

Using the statistics provided by my service contractor, I can also indicate the most popular posts in terms of the number of people who visited the pages. They were, in order;

  1. New Zealand QROPS and NZFT

  1. QNUPS – Qualifying Non-UK Pension Schemes

  1. Lost, Forgotten and Misplaced Accounts
  
If you need advice please email me for connection to an authorised and regulated adviser.

The blog is also being read far and wide. So far, according to my statistics, it has been read in 37 countries. Not surprisingly, the furthest away being New Zealand.

The top three in order;

  • Spain
  • United Kingdom
  • USA

It is great to be able to give you the feedback and readership popularity but I thought I’d also tell you what I enjoyed most of all.

Most of my writing comes from personal experience as an adviser, from my first hand knowledge in Spain and lots of reading to keep up to date with trends and changes. In December, I was able to write about a completely new concept based on a UK tax break. This appeared under the title ‘Furnished Holiday Let Tax Saving’


I’d like to say a personal ‘thank you’ to the readers who have made writing this Blog very rewarding and worthwhile

* * * * * * *


I would also like your ideas. You could influence the content in 2011. If any reader thinks that there is a subject that I should cover, please drop me an email